Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Free Soakers...

Well,

I pulled the old 1700 and 1000 out of the storage unit to see if I could diagnose the issue then fix them.  A valiant effort it was, but it was to be in vain.  Tried as hard as I did, but to no avail.  Both soakers out of commission.  Oddly enough, they both have the same problem.  On the front nozzle valve assembly, there is a metal rod which becomes the 'puller' actuator for the nozzle to open.  Super Soakers had a horrible design of actuating this rod using a sweeping angular lever, thereby not only putting stress on the whole assembly, but pushing the rod, usually up, so that the seal is compromised.  And compromised it is.  All around this rod out the back of the nozzle assembly is where there is a strong leak out of both soakers.  The CPS-1700 assembly may be salvageable, the CPS-1000 is not.  Actually, I think I made it worse *embarrassed*

SO!  Because I needed these to either function or be gone, my loss is your gain.  These soakers will be free to whoever wants them.  Now, keep in mind, you'll have to pay shipping if I ship them, but you'll have a fun project on your hands, or some spare parts for your 1500/1700 and 1000.  

Let me know, otherwise sadly they might just be going in the trash...:(

No comments:

Post a Comment